“Oral health is essential to lifelong health and well-being” is the shared vision of Oral Health 2020 .
The NH Oral Health Coalition, in conjunction with its fiscal sponsor the NH Public Health Association, is pleased to have been selected by the DentaQuest Foundation to join their family of grantees for its Oral Health 2020 Initiative, a multi-year effort to strengthen and unify the national oral health network, build upon current initiative strategies, and expand impact.
Please read the statement of purpose for Oral Health 2020.
Oral Health 2020 Goals:
Goal 1 Eradicate dental disease in children.
- With the closing of disparity gaps, 85% of children reach age 5 without a cavity
Goal 2 Incorporate oral health into the primary education system.
- The 10 largest school districts have incorporated oral health into their systems
Goal 3 Include an adult dental benefit in publicly funded health coverage.
At least 30 states have an extensive Medicaid adult dental benefit.
- Medicare includes an extensive dental benefit.
Goal 4 Build a comprehensive national oral health measurement system
- A national and state-based oral health measurement system is in place
Goal 5 Integrate oral health into person-centered healthcare.
- Oral health is integrating into at least 50% of emerging person-centered care models.
Goal 6 Improve the public perception of the value of oral health to overall health.
- Oral health is increasingly included in health dialogue and public policy.